Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unbelievable ride!

Wow! Sementa gave me the sweetest ride last night! I was a little down due to my weird panic and general inability but Sementa gave me her all! While I was putting her boots on she even nuzzled my head and blew gently in my hair! She is so cute during grooming, always spending time sniffing the brushes, boots, saddle pad etc before I start using them.

Like two days ago, she didn't want to stand still for mounting and circled around the little ladder I used. But I whispered to her to stop it and looked in her eye that this was not going to work. And the next time I tried, she stayed still and I got on!

There was no spooking or dragging gaits today either, she even went by the door to the arena with no problem, bending into the corner like it wasn't even there : )

I was so amazed. You should have seen how she dropped her head, rounded her back and was doing the sweetest possible bends in the turns, it was beautiful! She was like that the whole ride; just so generous and giving! She responded to the slightest pressure of my lower leg!

I had a little trouble on the left hand canter though, she would break it fairly quickly while on the right she can go for as long as you like. not sure what that's about but hope to understand it better soon.

so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment