Wednesday, March 2, 2011

getting there slowly

Have given up on the Prestige saddles and now am excitedly awaiting a consignment of used saddles coming from Switzerland in the next few weeks! Silvia's friend is a hoofsmith that occasionally works there and he brings back used high-end saddles to sell in Slovakia! I seriously cannot wait! saddles!

riding is coming along slowly. I am still having panic reactions for some reason but was really happy last night when I stayed on Semi even though I was panicking and wanted to get off. I even had successful canters and some extremely beautiful bends at the trot! We started by doing small circles in the corners at the walk. At first Semi didn't like to bend and it took a lot of pressure with my leg but each time, the second circle , with less leg pressure, went well!

She has decided to develop a fear of the door into the arena and I am having alot of trouble getting her to go by it without tracking sideways or speeding up, although, once we start getting into the work she calms down and ignores it. This is likely due because I have calmed down and am ignoring it : )

I am so happy to be spending more time with Semi, grooming her in her stall before each ride. Yesterday, after our ride, Silvia's 7 yr old daughter Laura got up on Semi to cool her off and Semi was so good! She followed me all over the arena and around circles! it was so cute! Laura did such a nice job riding, even getting Semi to walk along the rail and to circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment